EDUCATE YOURSELF CONCERNING ISSUES AND CHALLENGES OF AGING!
SENIOR VETERAN RESOURCES
- SENIOR VETERANS SERVICE ALLIANCE
- The Senior Veterans Service Alliance is a not for profit corporation that supports veteran members and sponsors eldercare related businesses (called listing providers) across the United States. We are not affiliated with the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- VETERAN AID.ORG
- The veterans Aid and Attendance (A&A) pension provides benefits that reduce the cost of care for veterans and surviving spouses who require assisted living.
- NATIONAL COUNCIL FOR AGING CARESeniors haven’t reached the end, they have reached a new beginning. Aging.com was set up to help you start this new phase of your life on the right foot. Our mission is to help you and thousands of other older adults who want to live independently, plan your finances, and take charge of your health care.
‘Seniors Resources’ is an outstanding reserve of information on Senior Housing, Health, Health Services, Professional Services, Community Resources and Senior News & Events.
Our awareness group educates seniors on health concerns and healthy aging on topics like Alzheimer’s, caregiving, nutrition, elder abuse, drug complications and more.
- The four Denver Senior Coalition Chapters are networking organizations with members ranging from senior housing, home health industry, health and medical services, referral agencies, professional services such as legal and financial and other community based service organizations. Members include both individuals and companies and for-profit, non-profit and government agencies.
- HAVE SALON WILL TRAVEL is a member of the Coalition for Seniors in Denver.
My Prime Time News is the online version of the Prime Time for Seniors newspaper. The Prime Time newspaper prints an average of 50,000 free copies the first Wednesday of each month. The paper is distributed in over 2,000 locations in 13 counties in and around the Greater Denver area.
- This is the 40th year as the designated Area Agency on Aging (AAA) for the eight-county region. The DRC plans and provides comprehensive services for older adults and people living with disabilities. They are responsible for the establishment of a system of community-based support and nutrition services for the Denver region’s older adults.
ALZHEIMER’S AND DEMENTIA CARE
- 24/7 Helpline: 800. 272. 3900
- Support groups at various times and locations. Check to see if there is a group close to you that fits your needs. For information about Early Stage Groups please contact Heather Kanapackis by emailing email@example.com.
- For more than 25 years, the Alzheimer’s Association Colorado Chapter has led the fight against Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders by increasing the understanding of dementia and its impact on family and community, providing information and support for those affected, and promoting the advancement of research.The Alzheimer’s Association Colorado Chapter is the premier source of information and support for the more than 65,000 people living with Alzheimer’s in Colorado, their families and caregivers.
- Think of The Real Deal as your trusted shopping adviser. We’re a team of savings sleuths delivering the best deals, tips and tricks to help you save on the things you want, need and buy every day. We’re not just schlepping coupons either—we’re dishing out timely retail news, gift guides and savings hacks
- MedlinePlus is the National Institutes of Health’s Web site for patients and their families and friends. Produced by the National Library of Medicine, the world’s largest medical library, it brings you information about diseases, conditions, and wellness issues in language you can understand. MedlinePlus offers reliable, up-to-date health information, anytime, anywhere, for free.
- ConsumerSafety.org strives to make information about recalls and safety-related news about drugs, medical devices, food, and consumer products accessible to everyone in a transparent, easily understandable way.
RESOURCES ON STAYING OR MOVING OR RESIDENCE
- Making the Move to Senior Housing
- Whether your search for senior housing is prompted by a serious medical condition or the desire for a lifestyle change, finding the right place to live can be challenging and stressful for both you and your family. However, the earlier you assess your current needs and how those needs may evolve over time, the more choices and control you’ll have. By learning about the different types of senior housing available, you can make the choice that’s right for you and ensure you enjoy a happy, healthy, and fulfilling home environment as you age.
- Boomer’s Roadmap to Aging in PlaceHow to Prepare Today for your Senior YearsAging in place is an attractive option for many baby boomers and retirees who value independence and living life on their own terms. This lifestyle choice is a commitment to remaining in the home that you know and love, rather than relocating to a retirement community or assisted living facility.
OTHER RESOURCES FOR SENIORS
Legal Resources for Seniors – https://www.justgreatlawyers.com/legal-resources-considerations-seniors-special-needs
Making the Move to Assisted Living – https://www.homecity.com/making-the-move-to-assisted-living
Keeping Seniors Safe with While Remodeling – https://www.bigrentz.com/how-to-guides/keeping-seniors-special-needs-individuals-safe-around-construction-sites
Disaster Preparedness for Seniors – http://www.thezebra.com/insurance-news/4674/emergency-preparedness-seniors-disabled/
Advanced Care Planning – http://www.eldercare.gov/Public/Resources/Advanced_Care/Index.aspx
Home Accommodations for Seniors – http://www.homeadvisor.com/r/budget-friendly-smart-home-accommodations-for-seniors-and-individuals-with-special-needs/
Tips for Seniors to Declutter and Organize their Home – http://www.yourstoragefinder.com/declutter-and-organize-your-home-seniors-special-needs
Elder Care Resources – http://www.eldercare.gov/Public/Resources/Index.aspx